The name "Exeter Flotilla"
Following the establishment of the Royal Naval Volunteer Supplementary Reserve centres the number grew considerably..
By 1959 Admiralty Fleet Order 2276/59, in the appendix, were named 3 Flotillas together containing a total number of 33 Units. Exeter Unit was part of the London Flotilla.
By 1961 the number of Units had had increased to 42.
In 1964, on the disbandment of the RNV(S)R the Exeter Unit declared an itself an officers association named the Exeter Flotilla.